Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Post Election Reaction:"To All Ye Who Are Heavy Laden . . ."

I'm writing this blog from my bed. Peacefully, calmly. No tears are streaming from my eyes. And what's more? I'm not busy making plans to move to Canada. Moving to Canada talk is silly to me, because I love America! I will always be an American. And I will always do my best to support and sustain the ideals that have made America the hope of the Earth.

It is a bit strange to me that I should be feeling such peace right now. I have actually been feeling this peace in my heart so strongly for the last several months, that I incorrectly assumed that my Presidential candidate - Mitt Romney - would win, and in a landslide, too! (I have also been feeling extremely strongly over the last year that we should build up our food storage. So, that one is beginning to make more sense now.)
 
But, I write this short post for any and all of you who might be feeling disheartened by the news tonight. Might I share something personal with you all?

A clear voice spoke to my heart on Sunday as I confidently contemplated how my candidate was going to win the upcoming election, and how I was going to make a New York style cheesecake with cherry topping to celebrate. (It turned out to be conciliatory cheesecake, but it was still very delicious.) But, back to the message I want to share with you.

That message that came to my mind and heart on Sunday was a simple one. That being this - that no matter what the state of the world or how evil it becomes, it is not man who saves us - but God. It is not man or government policies which bring us peace, only God does that. That's not to say that I don't believe that God doesn't have opinions about certain types of government either. Very, very hard times are sure to be upon us because of the decision our country made tonight. There is no doubt in my mind about that. But, no one need be afraid.

If we put our trust and faith in God, we will be ok.

If we follow God's commandments, we will be ok.

If we follow the voice in our hearts that directs us to do good, we will be ok.

If we love Christ, and take advantage of the atonement that He has provided for us, we will be ok.

If we live providently, and we teach our children principles of truth and freedom, we will be ok.

If we pray for guidance and study God's word, our families will be ok.

Ether 12:4: "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

And so, that is my brief message for you all tonight. If we do all that stuff I listed up above, regardless of who leads our country, regardless of the hard times that befall us - we will be ok. The Big Guy upstairs is the one who is really in charge - we simply need to make sure we are living on His side of the line, and things will work for our good. Probably not for our ease, or enjoyment, but for our good - most definitely. I pray that each of you who is hurting or feeling afraid tonight finds peace - and soon. Much love to you all.

Sincerely,

Jami

7 comments:

  1. Deborah M. - ILNovember 07, 2012

    Beautifully said - and so true. I, too, am at peace...knowing full well that God is with us. Like you said, we will be "OK" as long as we look to the Lord and do as He asks. OK - because He is with us always - through good times and hard times. I hope I am wrong, but I do believe we will be coming up on very, very, hard times. But with God's help, we will be "OK". Not the earth's view of OK, but our Heavenly Father's view - growing nearer to Him and relying on Him at every turn - not relying on man any longer. Praise God! Look to our Lord in everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With tears streaming down my face, reading your thoughts, I too know that our Heavenly Father is in charge. i felt a peace yesterday, even though I knew the outcome wasn't what I wanted, as in all things it is His will. We are so blessed to live in this Nation where we can worship freely. We will be building up our food storage once again, building up our testimonies, and strengthening our homes! I choose to look at this election outcome as an opportunity for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, whatever number of chances to get our homes in order! God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this. Unlike you, I was in tears last night and very afraid for the future. Thank you very much for this encouragement and hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised that Romney didn't win last night. I feel like the people that voted O back in for the next 4 years did it because they think they will continue to live their lives the way they want, continue to live off the government, etc. I think they chose him becuse of the immorality they have in their lives. They aren't thinking of the their future, nor the future of the great America we once knew. I just hope and pray God hasn't turned his back on America. I know God is in Control, and he will meet the needs of those to seek his will for their lives. Praying for us all in the days, weeks, months, and years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jami, I really, really needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful example of a child of God that you are!!! lifting up your brothers and sisters in Christ! Thank you for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One lone tear made it's way down and off my cheek and onto my pillow last night. I thought of my grandchildren's grandchildren's grandchildren paying back whatever this wicked man and his crooked cronies will spend. And just like 4 years ago, I thought - what kind of a warped population would elect this man? The Jersey Shore population - the people that reality TV caters to. We've lost our credit rating under this guys watch. We owe China like a gazillion dollars, 4 Americans were murdered at our embassy, the economy's so bad, the best way to articulate it is in food stamp production, unemployment? too depressing to report - despite the phoney numbers from the big, fat lying administration. Thanks, Dummies. Maybe next time you do your homework and realize you're reelecting the worst president EVER.

    Take any job on planet earth and if Romney and Obama applied for it, Romney's credentials, not his bank account, would have landed him the interview and his intellect would earn him the job. But Romney's easy to hate - right? And hard to relate to because so few of us think his life and our life share a lot of similarities. His yacht, cars, and homes don't represent the vast majority of us. But yet he's living the American dream. Remember the thing where people strive for more than they had, work hard and can achieve their dreams. He's not Homer Simpson's boss, just because he has more stuff. We need a candidate (my personal favorite was Marco Rubio) that isn't the rich white guy. We need a candidate that has a fire in his or her belly that can energize the lot of us.

    I confessed to God, "I just don't understand, Father. But I trust You implicitly. You put King's on thrones. Seeing You allowed this, I know You will make good come from it. But I'm just a dumb little lamb and I just don't get it. I know Your plan is perfect and I know Your ways are not our ways. These liberals are always dripping with hatred - I'm not. But my heart aches and my brain hurts wondering how in the world we will bounce back. But I know you have great plans for us. Plans for us to prosper, not perish. Plans for hope and a future. I know You know what You're doing. Please have mercy on our great nation.

    Aside from my confidence in God the Father Almighty, reading Glenn Beck's reaction and inspiration (which is how I found you) was the first thing all day that gave me peace on this sad day in our country's history. Now your blog adds a second portion Thanks, to you both. Let's start a revolution!
    Lori (ps - I blog, too - check me out if you can...www.mtoliveaustin.com/blog)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...