|Baby's very first Halloween - he just couldn't wait to start Trick or Treating!|
Since I will be nice and round for this Halloween and have already been contemplating this quite a bit . . .
AND to help satisfy the need out there for pregnant women, pregnant couples, families with a pregnant woman to utilize their matriarch's bellies in a creative way on All Hallow's Eve with their wardrobes - I have come up with a long list of creative and unique ideas for pregnant couples and families. Because, we kind of like dressing up family style and think you might like that sort of thing, too.
Just because it is fun, here is a reminder of our family coordinated Halloween costume from last year. Adorable, but WAY too hot for Tucson:
|Where the Wild Things Are - Lincoln as King Max, Squire and I as Wild Things|
- Peter Pan: featuring the PFM (pregnant family member) as Mr.Smee, other members as Captain Hook, Wendy, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Lost Boys, etc.
- The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly: PFM as the lady swallowing things, and the rest of the family as animals not yet swallowed.
- Famous Food icons: PFM as the Pillsbury dough boy, other members as Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch Don't choose this idea if you can't handle belly poking!
- Obnoxious American Tourist Family: PFM as a heavy set man with a large gulp, khaki shorts, hawaiian shirt, sunglasses and baseball cap, other members as American tourists with similar attire, make sure to speak loudly!
- Addams Family: PFM as Uncle Fester, other members as cousin it, Morticia, Gomez, Pubert, Wednesday, Lurch, etc.
- Political Family: PFM as a fat cat banker on wall street, man as business CEO, children as hundred dollar bills.
- Lord of the Flies: PFM as Piggy, other members as Ralph, and Jack, possibly a baby as a fly to help tip off the book title.
- Family Farm: PFM as dairy cow with udder on belly, other members as farmer and other animals, sheep, dog, horse, duck, goat, etc.
- James and the Giant Peach: PFM as the peach (or Aunt Sponge), and other family members as James, Aunt Spiker, Grasshoper, Ms.Ladybug, Ms.Spider, the glowworm, man with alligator tongues, etc.
- Pious Hipocrisy: PFM as pregnant nun, other members as Priest and Altar boy
- Nintendo Fun: PFM as Mario, man as Luigi, other members as Bowser, Yoshi, Princess Peach, a mushroom, etc.
- Muppets: PFM as Mrs.Piggy, man as Kermit, children as other muppets.
- Winnie the Pooh: PFM as Pooh or Kanga with Roo, Tigger, Piglet, Eyore, Christopher Robin, etc.
- Casper (the Movie) Ghosts: PFM as Fatso, other members as Stretch, Stinky, and Casper.
- Ghost Busters: PFM as Slimer or Marshmallow Man, other members as ghost busters.
- Alice in Wonderland: PFM as Cheshire Cat, other members as Mad Hatter, Alice, Rabbit, Catterpillar, etc.
- Humpty Dumpty Nursery Rhyme: PFM as Humpty Dumpty on a wall, other members as a horse and kings men.
- Star Wars: PFM as Jabba the Hut, other members as Luke Skywalker, Laya, R2D2, Darth Vader, etc.
- Family Aquarium: PFM as expanded blowfish, others as turtle, crab, different salt water fish.
- M&M family: all members dress as M&M's, PFM can be brown or green M&M to maintain femininity. ;)
- Little Mermaid: PFM as Ursula, other members as King Triton, Ariel, Eric, Sebastian, Flounder etc.
- The Biggest Loser: PFM as Loser in workout clothes with sweatband, man as trainer, child(ren) as doughnuts or other candy items.
- Harry Potter: PFM as Dudley, other members as Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron, Doby, etc.
- Monsters Inc.: PFM as Mike Wazowski with big eye on belly, other members as Sulley, Boo and Randall, etc.
- Ahh! Real Monsters: PFM as Krumm, other members as Oblina, Ickis, Leaky, the Gromble.
- Little Red Riding Hood: PFM as Wolf with belly full of grandma!, other members as Wood cutter and Little Red Riding Hood.
- Homer's The Odyessy: PFM as Cyclops, other members as Odysseus and sheep.
- Soccer practice: PFM as traditional soccer mom with belly painted as soccer ball, man as coach, child(ren) as soccer players.
- Truckin' it: all members of the family dress as semi-truck drivers.
- Loggers: PFM as lumberjack, other members as animals in the woods (bear, deer, etc.) and trees.
- Willy Wonka (old film): PFM as Violet Beauregard as a blueberry, other members as Willy Wonka, Charlie Bucket, Mike Teavee, etc.
- Fruit of the Loom brought to life: PFM as apple, other members as green grapes, purple grapes, golden grapes, leaf, and "Fruit of the Loom" sign.
- Fan-tastic: PFM as Blimp, and other members as coordinating fans. Advertise your favorite team or company - whatever that may be.
- Family Freak show: PFM as Fat bearded lady in a tent dress, other members as own attractions like unicorn man, lion face man, just generally growing extra extremities or heads, etc. There is a lot of room to get creative with this one.
- Cross-cultural cross-dressing: Sumo Wrestler (PFM) and Geisha (Husband) - only if he's very comfortable with his masculinity!
- Black Widow and dead husband: PFM dresses in mourning clothes with a red hourglass on her belly. Husband can be dressed as a dead man, walking around saying how glad he is he bought the life insurance policy before he "accidentally" died. (Could be adapted for family with child dressed as life insurance salesman.)
- Politically conservative Couple: PFM as the Nation's expanding debt w/ number+ on belly, man as Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan with a large needle OR Obama with an air pump.
- Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter: PFM as Hester Prynne with a big red "A", man as Reverend Arthur Dimmesdale
- Biblical Fun: PFM as old pregnant Sarah, man as Abraham.
- Buddhists: PFM as Buddha and man as Buddhist priest.
Check out my post from last year if you haven't already, to see even more ideas for expecting couples.
Now, we just have to figure out what it is we Hepworths are all going to be this year!
Tell me - which costume idea would you like us to bring to life this year?
Which ideas are your favorites?
What were you when you were pregnant?
Any other fun ideas for costumes for pregnant women I didn't mention here?!