Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Joke: General Conference was AMAZING

Oh, General Conference! That magical time of year where I get to be spiritually uplifted in my pj's. :)

Yummy breakfast is always a part of our conference traditions. Before I get into the nitty gritty, I wanted to be sure to share this new recipe we discovered and love, "Mom's Baked Egg Muffins." We had them for Saturday morning conference breakfast. Delicious! Lincoln loved them too.

Image credit: mommyluvs2cook
What is General Conference? General Conference is a semi-annual event where leaders of our worldwide church, speak to us about things that they feel God wants us to hear.


You know, before conference begins, Squire and I have a tradition of both writing down questions we would like answered. We listen with open ears and hearts. This conference - almost all of our questions were answered from our first time listens - through both the talks and the incredible music of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

 General Conference, is seriously amazing.

Here were some of my personal favorites from conference this weekend:

  • President Boyd K. Packer - Talked about family. This one was probably one of my favorites of the whole conference.
  • Sister Julie B. Beck -  Spoke about Relief Society - of course! What stuck out most to me about Sister Beck's talk was that the relief society is not meant to be like any other women's organization in the world, it is better! It is organized as God has directed for the building up of all women, and their families, and the world. I mention her talk as well because it was a momentous moment in her life - she was just released as the General relief society president. I have such a fond love and respect for her. She is truly one of my heroes.  I want so much to be like her some day. I will miss hearing from her!
There were more than these that I enjoyed as well, but these were the ones that impressed me the most as I think back on all my listening from the last two days. As I study the talks the next six months, I look forward to gaining more spiritual insight to my unanswered questions. But for today, I feel very full. :)

Did you tune in to General Conference too? Which talks impressed you most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...