Thursday, November 10, 2011

Little Person Attached At My Left Hip

Today there is a little person attached at my left hip. Before I fully understood the order of the day, he let out whimper after pitiful raspy-voiced whimper, and crawled around aimlessly in my direction. Trailing behind him as he crawled were the empty wrinkled footies of his bright blue one-size-too-large hand-me-down fleece jammies.
My sad sick little baby boy. :(
Today there is a little person attached at my left hip. The tip of his nose and the inner lining of his eyes are slightly raw and pink. His tears and glistening boogies have been wiped away too many times for comfort. And to avoid the discomfort of yet another tissue, a small crust trail has found its way to his little chubby cheek at the direction of his hand.

Today there is a little person attached at my left hip. Past his feverish brow, there was a small oily spot and some ruffled scraggly hair at this crown. Though the spot was washed away in a soothing warm bath, and his hair was smoothed flat, his forehead still burns in time with his nasty chest-wheezy cough.

Today there is a little person attached at my left hip. He sleepily obliged to let me write a blog post upon meeting the conditions of a back scratch, a few low sweet songs, a nap at my side, and some sessions of me literally nursing him back to health.

Tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day and the next, I would be happy to have this same sweet little person attached at my left hip! Though I desperately hope the sickness that's keeping him there permanently for the time being -  is as fleeting as a fleeting thing could ever be!

Get better soon little Linc!

1 comment:

  1. I love this little poem. Lincoln is so sweet when he is sick. I'm glad we have this poem and picture so we can remember those days.
    --Squire

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...